Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wake up to makeup ?

So a student appears in my doorway the other day and asks "Is the Psychology recitation meeting across the hall? There's nobody there." Always eager to help a student (really), I let him borrow my phone to call the Psych Department.

Then I noticed - he was wearing black fingernail polish. I've seen goth high school girls wearing black nail polish, but never a male college student. I guess I'm behind on the trends.

Similar story several years in Taco Bell. I was trying to figure out why this high school girl looked different. Then I figured it out - she was wearing white lipstick.

Whatever - more power to them, I say. It certainly got my attention in both cases.

1 comment:

ZenPanda said...

son#1 has worn nailpolish on occation- all colors even pink but black was his fav.
Both my older children (19 & 17) played with "goth" dressing and style but have developed one of thier own-finally.

;)